Sunday 6 April 2008

Chocolate and caramel biscuits


Have you got any left over chocolate bars that came with your easter eggs? If so this is the perfect recipe for using them up! I used Cadbury's caramel bar for this batch.

Preheat oven to 200 oC
150g self raising-flour
90g unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
50g caster sugar
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large bar of caramel chocolate, or 14 soft-centered caramels (can be substituted for your own favorite chocolate)

Mix the butter and flour together with your finger tips until you reach a bread crumb consistency.

Add the egg yolk, vanilla extract and sugar to the breadcrumbs and mix together. I used my fingers and it worked fine but it was INCREDIBLY messy so I would recommend using a utensil!

Wrap the dough in cling film and put it in the fridge to rest for 30mins.

Roll the dough out onto a floured surface turning clockwise until it is rolled out fairly thinly. Now in cherrapeƱo's blog recipe she says to use a 2'' cutter but as I have just moved in I used the top of a tumbler. You need two circles cut for each biscuit.

Place square of your chocolate onto one circle and place the second circle of dough on top gently squeezing the edges together. After I patted it back into a perfect circle again.

Now place them on a baking sheet and put them in a pre-heated oven for 10 mins.

Once out leave them to cool a bit on a wire rack with kitchen towel on it to stop the grooves imprinting on them.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Those are so cute! I love chocolate filled pastries. I do have Easter candy, still. I haven't eaten hardly any of it.